Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Collage Reflection

Think Creatively!
Identify and discuss some of the creative elements of your collage.
The creative part of my collage was that I tried to combine the pictures and the words so they would give a clear idea what had happened to the children. I showed pictures of injuries and behavior of cruelty towards the children, and I used words to draw attention and explain the children's problems. I arranged the collage into sections like sorrow, pain, slavery, so it is easier for the viewer to understand what was happening. The collage was made clearer by my creativity.

Reason Critically!
How did you use the images and text that you selected to highlight your understanding of the Lost Boy’s situation?
I understood the boys pain, sorrow, and slave conditions that they went through. I used images that showed examples of the experiences they went through. For pain I showed a boy who had gun shot wounds in his cast and leg, then for slavery I showed a soldier making the children support him, then I showed a little boy crying on the floor. I used the words to divide the pictures into sections on the collage. The images I chose to show the different types of pain The Lost Boys suffered.
Communicate Effectively!
Explain how your collage creates awareness for the Lost Boys’ plight.
In my collage I tried to make the viewer aware of the Lost Boys experiences on their journey. I did this by showing images of things they had to worry about like the people with guns, lack of of food, and bullying. Then I used words to explain the pictures, to help the audience understand better. I chose these because, they where the most common experiences The Boys went through.

Live Ethically!
Explain how you think your collage demonstrated empathy and might evoke an emotional response from your viewers and/or incite them to act.
In the collage some of my pictures would evoke an emotional response, the pictures where vivid and show the pain that they went through, especially with the little kids being made to hold up the soldier. From my poster i thought it was clear that i understood the feeling of The Lost Boys, having no dads or someone to depend on to survive. I saw in the images that no boys were helped by anyone.



No comments:

Post a Comment